City of London Churches


The earliest reference to Saint Clement is in documents originating in the reign of Henry III (1207 to 1272).

The original church was destroyed in The Great Fire and was rebuilt according to designs by Sir Christopher Wren in the 1680s.

The church was only slightly damaged during The Second World War.

More information can be found on Wikipedia and from the Diocese of London website.



With thanks to The City of London Corporation and Google for maps and Wikipedia for general information.
Site hosted by Chalkface Limited