Saint Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe was first mentioned in 1170.
The original church was destroyed during The Great Fire along with The Wardrobe, which was a building originally built in 1361 by Edward III to house his clothing etc.
The church was rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren in 1695 and was one of his simplest designs.
Only the tower and walls survived the bombing of The Second World War the church being restored and reopened in 1965.
More information can be found on Wikipedia and from the Saint Andrews-by-the-Wardrobe website.