Saint Mary Woolnoth marks the site of some form of worship which dates back over two thousand years. Saint Mary's was first recorded in 1191.
The church was damaged in The Great Fire and repaired by Wren although deemed unsafe it was demolished in 1711.
The new church was completed in 1716 and has survived many requests for its demolition including the time when Bank Underground Station was built beneath it.
Saint Mary Woolnoth is now home to London's German speaking Swiss community.
More information can be found on Wikipedia.