City of London Churches


Saint Nicholas Cole Abbey is first mentioned in 1144.

The church was destroyed in The Great Fire and rebuilt by Christopher Wren in the 1670s.

Saint Nicholas was destroyed in May 1941 during the worst of the enemy bombing raids and remained a shell until restoration was completed in 1962.

More information can be found on Wikipedia.



With thanks to The City of London Corporation and Google for maps and Wikipedia for general information.
Site hosted by Chalkface Limited