The church of Saint Ethelburga-the-Virgin was first recorded in 1250. It was rebuilt in 1411 and survived The Great Fire.
The church was only slightly damaged during The Second World War and was restored in 1953.
In 1993 the church was almost totally destroyed by an nearby IRA bomb. It was restored and is now the Saint Ethelburga Centre for Peace and Reconciliation.
More information can be found on Wikipedia and from Saint Ethelburga's website.