All Hallows Staining was founded in the late twelfth century, survived The Great Fire but collapsed in 1671 and was rebuilt in 1674.
The present tower dates from 1674. The remainder of the church being demolished following a merger with nearby Saint Olave Hart in 1870.
The tower is now maintained by the Worshipful Company of Clothmakers.
More information can be found on Wikipedia.