City of London Churches


Christ Church Greyfriars was founded in 1306 and was the second largest church in medieval London.

The church was destroyed in The Great Fire, rebuilt by Wren in 1687 only to be destroyed again in December 1940 by enemy action.

The former church is now a public garden and the tower was restored as a private residence.

More information can be found on Wikipedia.



With thanks to The City of London Corporation and Google for maps and Wikipedia for general information.
Site hosted by Chalkface Limited